One day at lunchtime, about a month ago, I was sitting down to dig in when my kids stopped me and said, “Mom! That wrap is beautiful! You should take a picture and put it on Facebook!”. At the time, I hadn’t really given much thought to my quick-lunch-from-whatever-was-in-the-fridge. But they were right, it was beautiful and they reminded me to not let an opportunity to motivate or inspire others to pass me by. So I did it! It got some attention, so I figured why not give you the recipe. The wrap is perfect for a lunch at home or on the go, since it travels well. It’s quite versatile. You can basically whip something like this up with whatever you’ve got available. Just use your imagination (and your veggies!).
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 small to medium size tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1 small handful shredded carrots
- 1 green onion (aka scallion) thinly sliced
- clover sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Whole wheat tortilla (Here I used a “Food for Life” Sprouted Grain Tortilla).
- 1-2 Tablespoons Hummus (I like the spicy version!)
- Throw the veggies in a large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss to combine
- Heat up your tortilla, either on a preheated skillet or in the microwave (about 30 sec.)
- Smear the hummus on one side of the tortilla, cover with your salad.
- Roll it up, slice it in half and dig in!
So there you go! Your very own beautiful, delicious, nourishing bistro lunch. Enjoy!!